N. Korea threatens to strike US aircraft carrier
简介North Korea threatened Friday to stage the "most powerful and rapid first strike" against US strateg ...
North Korea threatened Friday to stage the "most powerful and rapid first strike" against US strategic assets deployed to the Korean Peninsula, in the latest bellicose rhetoric that underscored Pyongyang's concerns about US military capabilities in the region.
The nuclear-powered USS Ronald Reagan aircraft carrier docked at the southeastern port of Busan on Thursday for a five-day visit -- the first since September 2022 -- in a show of force against North Korea. The visit came soon after trilateral naval drills involving the United States, South Korea and Japan.
The carrier strike group's visit is part of the US commitment to further strengthening the "regular visibility" of strategic assets on the peninsula, as outlined in the Washington Declaration issued in April following the summit of the leaders of South Korea and the US
North Korea denounced Washington's deployment of nuclear strategic assets as an "undisguised" military provocation, warning that the strategic assets have entered the extremely dangerous waters.
North Korea's "most powerful and rapid first strike will be given to the 'extended deterrence' means, used by the US to hallucinate its followers, and the bases of evil in the Korean peninsula and its vicinity," according to a commentary carried by the official Korean Central News Agency.
North Korea said the country's nuclear doctrine adopted last year allows it to take necessary actions, such as the preemptive use of nuclear arms, in case it judges a nuclear attack against it is imminent.
Last month, North Korea amended the constitution to enshrine the policy of strengthening its nuclear force, as it seeks to increase its nuclear arsenal "exponentially." (Yonhap)
South Korea's Transport Ministry said Tuesday it plans to revise its current ordinance on the o ...
South Korea reported seven additional cases of lumpy skin disease in cattle, sparking concerns over ...
Drug crimes in Seoul are most common in areas with vibrant nightlife scenes and wealthy neighborhood ...
- [Today’s K
- S. Korea's rising problem: unemployed youth giving up on job searching
- Billlie opens a new world in 'Side
- Eugene Group wins bid to acquire news channel YTN
- Trilateral cooperation unaffected by US election outcomes: Goldberg
- Drugs smuggled in through Incheon Airport surge since pandemic: lawmaker
New NZ minister takes oath in English and Korean
Seventeen 1st male group this year to top Melon Top 100
Monk sentenced to 18 months for assaulting woman who refused sex
[Our Museums] Ride through nation's train heritage at Korea Railroad Museum
Lotte aquarium, activists battle over release of beluga whale
- US lawmaker submits bill requiring Pentagon report on allies' defense contribution
- Halloween weekend sees 65 police calls
- Posco secures W6tr supply deal from Lotte Energy Materials
- Weeekly invites listeners to enter universe where dreams come true
- AmCham reaffirms Korea
- LG Energy Solution debuts new battery
- HDC to spur digital innovation for efficiency, safety
- N. Korean envoy rejects report on Hamas using N. Korean arms as 'groundless'
- [Herald Interview] Journey to find her voice has brought Vittoria Yeo to peak performance
- FM Park, Blinken to meet in Seoul next week
- Seoul subway workers vote for strike plan
- [Korea Beyond Korea] In Paris, soaring demand for Korean studies yet to be fully met
- Supporters of Israel hold rally in Seoul, urge Hamas to stop atrocities
- S.Korea's largest
- TvN Sports, CGV to screen Bundesliga’s first ‘Korean derby’
- Import prices up for 3rd month in September on higher oil prices
- 오세훈, ‘TBS 폐지’ 묻자 “그런 일 생겨서는 안 돼”
- MBK chairman makes donation to promote Korean art at New York's Met
- [Contribution] Why hope matters in climate crisis
- 이준석, 눈물의 회견…尹대통령 향해 "與 묵언 수행 저주 풀라"
- 北, 러시아 외무장관 방북 발표…내달 18~19일 방문
- [Today’s K
- 탄약 찾는 러…국방부 "北컨테이너 적재량, 포탄 수십만발 분량"
- S. Korean diplomat discusses NK human rights with US envoy
- Reeling from election loss, ruling party picks new leader posts
- Hamas weapons, tactics resemble those of NK: JCS
- Yoon, doctors set to clash over medical school quota
- Foreign workers' deaths get weak sanctions
- Biden says Hamas must be eliminated, US officials warn war could escalate
- GOT7’s Youngjae to release 1st solo LP “Do It” next month