S. Korea maintaining stable LNG supply amid Israel
简介South Korea maintains a steady supply of liquefied natural gas and is actively preparing for potenti ...
South Korea maintains a steady supply of liquefied natural gas and is actively preparing for potential contingencies amid Middle East geopolitical uncertainties, the industry ministry said Tuesday.
"There have been concerns over the supply of gas following the Israel-Hamas incident amid the lingering war between Russia and Ukraine, but the supply currently remains stable," Director-General for Resource Policy Ryu Peob-min said during a meeting with industry officials.
"However, in the event of a further escalation of the Israel-Hamas situation, we cannot rule out its potential impact on the domestic supply. We are committed to remaining vigilant and thoroughly preparing for an emergency," he added.
During the meeting, the state-run Korea Gas Corp. noted that the country is maintaining LNG reserves at maximum capacity, with the supply anticipated to remain stable through the end of March.
The government plans to hold regular meetings with KOGAS and other LNG importers to maintain a stable supply of the resource, the ministry added. (Yonhap)
김태효 국가안보실 1차장은 북한의 최전방 감시초소(GP) 복원에 대응해 우리 GP도 복원할 계획이라고 27일 밝혔다.김태효 국가안보실 1차장. 연합뉴스김 차장은 이날 KBS 뉴스라 ...
인요한 국민의힘 혁신위원장(왼쪽)이 7일 오후 서울 종로구 김종인 전 국민의힘 비상대책위원장 사무실을 방문해 김 전 위원장과 인사하고 있다. 두 사람은 약 40분간 회동했다. [뉴 ...
Despite its global aspirations, the renewed Mama Awards by Mnet is set to take place in Japan for th ...
- Korea to showcase advanced climate technologies at COP28 Dubai
- [Herald Interview] Through memories, Bora Jin pens ode to grandfather and Busan
- 홍준표 "뜬금없이 김포 편입론, 반짝 특수 노리는 떴다방"
- 인요한 만난 김종인 “처방은 잘했지만, 환자가 약을 먹어야”
- LS Materials to tap deeper into EV, green energy markets
- Kyobo Life chairman wins top industry honor
Korean Air orders 20 Airbus A321neo aircraft
[Korea Beyond Korea] Anthropologist stresses multidisciplinary approach for strong Korean studies
[Korea Beyond Korea] Yale sociologist and BTS fan researches K
Kyobo Life chairman wins top industry honor
S. Korea's Busan making last
[Our Museums] Explore plaintive and joyful melodies of Korea at Arirang Museum
- Hanwha Ocean developing submarine stealth technology
- Hotel chief fined for safety violation in Itaewon tragedy trial
- Seoul reviews scenarios for restoring guard posts in DMZ
- New NZ minister takes oath in English and Korean
- Hyundai Motor bolsters global partnerships through Expo campaign
- S. Korea's Busan making last
- Yoon orders increased defense of public digital infrastructure
- "조선의 샛별 여장군, 세계가 우러러 볼것"…北, 김주애도 우상화
- BTS gets 6th top honor at 2023 MAMA Awards
- LG Electronics CEO to present AI vision at CES
- Hyundai Motor to build 1st car plant in Saudi Arabia, leading 46 Korea
- 한·사우디 43년 만의 공동성명 “방산·네옴시티 협력 강화”
- [Herald Interview] Kim Gi
- [Today’s K
- 윤재옥 "이재명 '내각 총사퇴' 주장, 정쟁을 위한 도전장"
- N. Korea to close its embassy in Uganda: report
- Rich culture of masks in Korea, Japan and China on show at Folk Museum
- Enhypen's 'Fate' tour draws 85,000 fans in the US
- The Boyz to return next month with new album
- SK Signet delivers W5b ultrafast EV chargers to Revel
- S. Korea to complete LSD vaccinations by early Nov.: ministry
- 500 bird strikes reported in past 5 years: data
- [Herald Review] Based on true story, 3 boys find justice 16 years delayed in 'The Boys'
- Braving wind and high water to celebrate Dokdo Day
- Silversmith William Lee wins Craft Prize 2023
- AleXa to perform on Jingle Ball Tour as 1st K
- 22 busking stages set up at Han River parks
- Korea's yakgwa booming on back of ‘newtro’ trend, media coverage
- Italian, Egyptian, Taiwanese, Japanese webtoonists to attend Busan Webtoon Festival