NewJeans to be first K
简介NewJeans is set to make history as the first K-pop girl group to perform at one of the three major U ...
NewJeans is set to make history as the first K-pop girl group to perform at one of the three major US music awards, the Billboard Music Awards.
The official announcement came as the BBMAs revealed the performer lineup for this year's ceremony on their social media platforms.
NewJeans will showcase "Super Shy" and "OMG," both of which entered the Billboard Hot 100 this year. Notably, BTS has been the only K-pop group to perform at the Grammy Awards, American Music Awards and the prestigious Billboard Music Awards until now.
NewJeans had a remarkable year on the Billboard charts, securing the fastest debut album to reach No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart with their mini album, "Get Up," released in July.
The group also made it to the Hot 100 with five songs, including "OMG," "Dito," "Super Shy," "ETA," and "Cool With You." Achieving success globally, the group saw three songs make it to the Global 200 chart and four to the Global (excluding the US)" chart within the top 10.
Based on these achievements, NewJeans became the most nominated K-pop artist at this year's awards, receiving nods in four categories: top Billboard Global (excluding the US) artist, top global K-pop artist, top global K-pop song, and top K-pop album, making a total of five nominations with a double nomination in the top global K-pop song category.
The awards ceremony is scheduled for Nov.19 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
South Korean stocks ended more than 1 percent higher Tuesday, as investors were buoyed by the latest ...
The cost of daily necessities in South Korea has surged over the past 50 years amid the nation' ...
South Korea's import prices rose for the third straight month in September due to the higher pr ...
- BOK likely to keep policy rate unchanged on slowdown, hope for Fed's rate freeze, easing inflation
- [Contribution] Why hope matters in climate crisis
- Celltrion partners with US pharmacy chain for Yuflyma sales
- Biden says Hamas must be eliminated, US officials warn war could escalate
- Seoul shares start lower ahead of key rate decision
- Gimbap and hanja cramming: Life of Korean Studies students in Paris
- 尹지지율 긍정 33%·부정 58%…"명절 기간 물가 등 경제난 체감"
- Samsung owns largest No. of Israeli subsidiaries among S. Korean conglomerates: report
- N. Korea sent more than 1,000 containers of military equipment, munitions to Russia: White House
- “가자주민 삶 최악…한국지원 절실”
- South Korean oil payments for Iran frozen again over Hamas links
- 대통령실 “UAE 대통령 방한 순연”…이스라엘·하마스 충돌 영향
- Election watchdog faces calls to apologize after failing security test
- Dansaekhwa master Park Seo
- PM visits Greece for talks on cooperation, World Expo bid campaign
- NMK to extend support for Korean galleries at six museums abroad
- Samsung Biologics quarterly sales hit W1tr for first time
- SK Pharmteco bets big on cell, gene therapy
- Prestige Biopharma eyes complete value chain
- KGC wins minister's award for IP management
- Cirque Du Soleil mesmerizes Seoul with 'Luzia: A Waking Dream of Mexico'
- 유엔 대북제재위 "北 가상화폐 탈취 2조3000억, 이전보다 3배"
- [Today’s K
- Jeonju offers self up as destination for fall reading retreat
- 北, 러시아 외무장관 방북 발표…이달 18~19일 방문
- 김웅 "이준석 사면은 내부총질·해당행위…마녀재판 맞았던 것"
- Seoul shares open sharply lower on US losses
- [KH Explains] A look back on Lee Jae
- Hyundai Motor posts highest Q3 earnings on upbeat US sales
- NiziU wins best pop video at MTV VMAJs
- [Coffee Klatch] Unique mugwort tea latte paired with flower cakes, dango
- Meta fails to provide communication channel in Korea: lawmaker
- [Life In Korea] Delivering 'taste of life' via street art
- Sumi Jo awarded Geumgwan Order, highest honor for artists
- McDonald's Korea to increase prices of 13 items next week