Global Kimchi Day declared
简介Korea Agro-Fisheries & Food Trade Corp. on Thursday declared "Global Kimchi Day" to raise awareness ...
Korea Agro-Fisheries & Food Trade Corp. on Thursday declared "Global Kimchi Day" to raise awareness about the Korean staple food globally, together with Korean food buyers and foreign diplomats during the Buy Korean Food trade fair in Seoul.
The state-run food trade agency, known as aT, has already celebrated Nov. 22 as Kimchi Day following a revision to the Kimchi Industry Promotion Act in February 2020.
At Thursday’s event, aT vowed to seek the day’s global recognition, joining together with foreign supporters, including 12 buyers from nine countries, including the UK, the US, Japan, Vietnam and Taiwan, who were designated as goodwill ambassadors.
The event was joined by several ambassadors and diplomats from seven countries, including Argentina, Belarus, Honduras and Venezuela.
The Global Kimchi Forum, a consultative body bringing in voluntary cooperation globally to encourage the adoption of Kimchi Day around the world, was also launched as a part of the event.
"The global designation of Kimchi Day is an opportunity to confirm that the popularity and status of kimchi has increased worldwide, and also an opportunity to inform the international community that Korea is the suzerain state of kimchi," said aT CEO Kim Chun-jin.
"I believe today's proclamation ceremony event of 'Global Kimchi Day' will serve as an opportunity to publicize the excellence and value of kimchi to the world and to promote the health of all mankind."
Seoul Western District Court on Wednesday handed down a fine of 8 million won ($6,200) to the chief ...
The United States is set to deploy a B-52 bomber to South Korea on Wednesday for joint air drills wi ...
"When my son was in middle and high school, I used to communicate with his teachers via KakaoTalk me ...
BTS gets 6th top honor at 2023 MAMA Awards
Yoon set to depart for San Francisco to attend APEC summit
Container shipping costs for US west coast rise 7 pct in October
FNC's new boy group Ampers&One debuts with energetic, youthful single
School violence drops, drugs among teens surge: police
Naver's QR payment service available in 42 countries
- 윤재옥 "이재명 '내각 총사퇴' 주장, 정쟁을 위한 도전장"
- The Boyz to return next month with new album
- Seoul shares open flat despite US gains
- Book records testimonies of bereaved families, survivors of Itaewon tragedy
- Italian, Egyptian, Taiwanese, Japanese webtoonists to attend Busan Webtoon Festival
- S. Korea to complete LSD vaccinations by early Nov.: ministry
- Man fined for assaulting soldiers who refused to praise Kim Jong
- Enhypen's 'Fate' tour draws 85,000 fans in the US
- 정청래, 가결파 징계에 "신상필벌은 당연…잠시 미뤄둔 것"
- Maestro Semyon Bychkov breaks silence on Israel–Hamas war
- [Photo News] Mt. Seorak welcomes first snow of the season
- BTS’ Jungkook features The Kid Laroi’s new single 'Too Much’
- Geopolitical risks hold back South Korea's credit rating upgrade:Fitch
- Four killed after fishing boat capsizes in S. Korea
- [Exclusive] Asia's Tang Contemporary Art to open first Western outpost in London
- Emerging artists unveil works of enduring times at Park Seo
- Seoul shares hit 7
- Artifacts with inaccurate information removed from Korean exhibition in Germany
- [Herald Interview] Kang Ik
- [Hello Hangeul] Love for Hangeul grows in corner of Sweden
- Kangwon Land's wellness facilities offer quiet retreat
- S. Korea expresses gratitude to Japan for assisting return of Koreans from war
- Employment in manufacturing sector in Q3 falls at fastest pace in 11 quarters
- [속보] 한국인 163명 이스라엘서 무사히 왔다…서울공항 도착
- 43 films to premiere at Seoul International Pride Film Festival
- S. Korea reports additional cases of lumpy skin disease in cattle
- [Herald Interview] Ian Bostridge enjoys incorporating great works of literature into music
- Three bidders vie for major stake in news channel YTN
- China’s export curbs on graphite may raise battery prices for EVs