First snow of winter falls in Seoul
简介The first snow of the season fell in many regions, including Seoul, Friday. The Korea Meteorological ...
The first snow of the season fell in many regions, including Seoul, Friday. The Korea Meteorological Administration explained that the first snowfall in Seoul, at 11:20 a.m., was observed earlier than usual.
Friday's measured precipitation in Seoul was not immediately available as of 3 p.m., but the KMA predicted about 1 centimeter of snowfall in the Greater Seoul area until Saturday.
The weather agency officially announces the first snow in Seoul when an observer at the Seoul Meteorological Observatory in Songwol-dong, Jongno-gu, directly sees the snow falling. Seoul saw the first snow of this year three days earlier than average and 12 days earlier than last year.
As of 11:20 a.m. on Friday, the first snow also fell in Incheon, Baengnyeongdo, Suwon, and Hongseong, South Chungcheong Province.
In Incheon, the snow came six days earlier compared to the average year and 12 days earlier than the last year. Baengnyeongdo, an island near North Korea, also saw the first snow a day earlier compared to the average year and 12 days earlier than the previous year.
The first snow in Suwon was four days earlier than usual and 16 days earlier than last year. Hongseong saw the first snow 12 days earlier than last year.
The KMA added that more areas would see their first snowfall on Friday, as clouds above the central West Sea were moving eastward at the speed of 40 kilometers per hour. As of 3 p.m., snow was falling strongly around the west coast of South Chungcheong Province, and strong snow is also expected in the Chungcheong area and the North Jeolla area until 6 p.m.
AliExpress, an online direct purchase platform owned by Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group, is c ...
“Believer 2,” the much-awaited second installment of the 2018 crime action franchise, “Believer,” wh ...
South Korea's major business lobby groups on Monday requested that President Yoon Suk Yeol exer ...
[Herald Review] ‘Single in Seoul’ a bland rom
19 S. Koreans held captive in Myanmar freed: ministry
Facing bedbug crisis, Koreans create online dashboards to track them
‘Believer 2’ returns as 'midquel' with new characters, stronger plot
Hyundai Elevator, Erbud team up to rebuild Ukraine
Seoul mayor to consider street festivities for LG Twins' victory
- [Herald Interview] Dyson engineer stresses potential of Korean hair care market
- Kia to expand EV lineup with mass market appeal
- GS Caltex, Posco team up on biofuel
- Striving to be the best, TXT returns with 3rd LP
- [Today’s K
- [Herald Interview] Alex Olle’s realistic reimagination of opera ‘Norma’ keeps art form alive
- [Photo News] 2023 Sea Art Festival returns to Busan's Ilgwang Beach
- BOK wins lawsuit on face of Korea's 100 won coin
- 尹지지율 긍정 33%·부정 58%…"명절 기간 물가 등 경제난 체감"
- PM visits Greece for talks on cooperation, World Expo bid campaign
- ‘北 정찰위성 3차 발사’ 질문에 美 국방부 “계속 모니터링”
- STX, Triple
- Rental fraudster’s ‘luxury life’ sparks anger
- NK closes embassy in Spain after shutting down 2 missions in Africa
- SK chief calls on board members to help CEOs make balanced decisions
- ArtToken, KAIST sign MOU to cooperate in art, technology fields
- Memorial park for independence fighter to open in Kazakhstan
- Subway car seats to be removed in two subway cars for more space: Seoul Metro
- [Korea Beyond Korea] From history and K
- Celltrion wins UNDP tender to supply anticancer treatments to Turkmenistan
- 北 ‘환적지 이동’ 정황…석도 인근서 10월에만 10건 포착
- 北 오죽 돈 없으면…유럽서도 방 뺀다, 주스페인 대사관 폐쇄
- [Herald Review] ‘Zzz’ lulls audience to sleep through onstage performance
- [Herald Interview] Journey to find her voice has brought Vittoria Yeo to peak performance
- Korea to set workplace harassment criteria: minister
- Decoding Korea's 'virtuous' drinking culture
- HDC to spur digital innovation for efficiency, safety
- Davichi to return with new single next month
- 협치 첫 단추 ‘현수막 난립방지법’ 소위 통과
- Yoon doubles down on cutting national debt in 2024 budget speech