NTCK to celebrate 100th Seoul performance of ‘The Orphan of Zhao’
简介The National Theater Company of Korea is set to captivate audiences once more with its signature pro ...
The National Theater Company of Korea is set to captivate audiences once more with its signature production, "The Orphan of Zhao: Seeds of Revenge," returning with its sixth run at the Myeongdong Theater in central Seoul from Nov. 30 to Dec. 25.
Premiered in 2015, “The Orphan of Zhao” is a reinterpretation of the Chinese "Zaju" drama script of the same title, written by the Yuan Dynasty playwright Ji Junxiang. Among the six Zaju plays he wrote, “The Orphan of Zhao” is the only surviving example.
Often referred to as the Chinese “Hamlet” because of its theme of revenge, the tragedy has been adapted by director Koh Sun-woong, who focused the narrative on the man who sacrifices his only child to save the "seed of revenge."
Hyundai Motor Group on Tuesday unveiled a more compact, integrated wheel system that frees up more r ...
South Koreans’ English proficiency in 2022 worsened from the previous year, descending 13 spots in a ...
A 66-year-old taxi driver whose passenger jumped out of his moving taxi and was then killed after be ...
- Court clears cabbie in death of passenger who jumped out of moving taxi
- Spike in camping enthusiasts in Korea, yet camping etiquette lags behind
- Music industry seeks solution to ticket scalping through public discussion
- Volvo EX30 debuts in Korea
- Transgender blind spot in hospitalization: NHRCK
- China’s AliExpress eyes expansion in Korea
Spike in camping enthusiasts in Korea, yet camping etiquette lags behind
Dog meat group threatens to release 2 million dogs near presidential office
S. Korea's heavyweights like ex
China’s AliExpress eyes expansion in Korea
Hotel chief fined for safety violation in Itaewon tragedy trial
Daily Sports Hankook hopes to help stengthen Korea
- [Photo News] AI, conventional painting come together
- Hyundai Motor chairman marks 3rd year of record earnings
- Uncertainties remain for Samsung, SK after US eases export controls
- Daegu’s iconic opera festival set to attract operagoers with five tragic operas
- Posco Holdings recoups investment in Roy Hill after 13 years
- [Photo News] Housing solutions in Asia
- N.SSign to resume album promotion without Doha
- Jungkook becomes first Korean soloist to log 2 songs in Top 5 of Billboard's Hot 100
- 'Frasier' returns to TV but you don't need to be a superfan of the original to laugh at its jokes
- Samsung, LG, Hyundai closely monitoring potential biz fallout from Israel
- [Korea Beyond Korea] In Paris, soaring demand for Korean studies yet to be fully met
- FSC lays out plan to boost pet insurance enrollment
- Seoul shares up nearly 1 pct on eased concerns over Middle East conflict
- Number of deaths in cycling accidents soars
- [Herald Interview] Director Lee Chung
- S. Korea, US, Japan install trilateral communication hotline amid N. Korea, China challenges
- S. Korean industries to see modest recovery in 2024: think tank
- Beef prices have soared 100
- Biden to visit Israel as war in Gaza sparks humanitarian crisis
- US strategic bomber B
- [Today’s K
- Ruling party to launch innovation committee after crushing by
- S. Korea, US and Japan to conduct joint aerial exercise for 1st time: source
- 유승민 “안철수·이준석, 초상집서 상주끼리 그만 싸워라”
- “이게 KF
- NY Met exhibition to mark 25th anniversary of Korean gallery
- '2023 Box Gallery Exhibition' by Youth Impact shows art made of discarded paper
- Foreign workers' deaths get weak sanctions
- Is Blackpink leaving YG?