SK Telecom CEO shows confidence in AI
简介SK Telecom CEO Ryu Young-sang, who also leads SK Group's ICT committee, said Thursday he is con ...
SK Telecom CEO Ryu Young-sang, who also leads SK Group's ICT committee, said Thursday he is confident about seizing new business opportunities as the rise of generative artificial intelligence reshapes industries.
“Even before the black swan event of the emergence of (Chat)GPT last year, SK Group has been accumulating its capabilities in AI and new technologies as we (feel sure) about the growth of (such) innovation,” Ryu said in his opening speech at this year’s SK Tech Summit at Coex in southern Seoul.
While introducing SK Telecom’s “AI pyramid strategy” introduced in September, which focuses on three key areas -- AI infrastructure, AI transformation and AI service -- to realize the “global AI firm,” Ryu lauded SK’s vision and confidence in AI-based future growth led by the telecom giant.
Ryu vowed to create greater synergies “separately and together” with the group’s affiliates and key global partners -- Anthropic, Amazon Web Services and Google -- as well as with the member companies of the SK Telecom-led K-AI Alliance to cultivate a comprehensive AI ecosystem.
Under the theme of “AI Everywhere for a Better Future,” this year’s tech conference took place on its largest-ever scale since the inaugural event in 2016. A total of 17 SK affiliates, including SK Telecom, prepared sessions for the two-day event. Over 60 percent of the exhibition booths and presentations were related to AI technology, and around 9,600 attendees preregistered to attend the event, Ryu explained.
During his 10-minute opening speech, the telecom giant’s chief used the word “AI” around 50 times, while mentioning “SK” about 20 times to highlight how sincere and important SK considers the technology.
Anticipating a rosy outlook for the AI industry, Ryu said SK is making the utmost effort to reorganize its growth strategy to be centered on AI as it looks to do more than simply respond to the rapidly changing industry environment. “The future is up to exploration, not prediction. … SK is becoming a frontier that proactively pioneers the future,” he said.
“SK will strive to actively solve various issues and difficulties society faces through ‘people-centered AI,” the CEO said. “At this year’s event, we hope you will be able to experience the present and future that SK is creating through AI.”
At the conference, four keynote speakers -- Chung Suk-geun, chief AI global officer of SK Telecom; Jared Kaplan, Anthropic CSO; Slavik Dimitrovich, head of specialist solutions architecture of AI/ML at AWS; and Warren Barkley, senior director of product management at Google -- shared their visions and business experiences using generative AI.
South Korea's Transport Ministry said Tuesday it plans to revise its current ordinance on the o ...
The International Monetary Fund recommended South Korea maintain a restrictive monetary policy to br ...
북한 노동당 기관지 노동신문은 15일 ″새형의 중거리탄도미사일용 대출력 고체연료 발동기(엔진)의 첫 지상분출시험을 11월11일에, 2계단 발동기의 첫 지상분출시험을 11월14일에 ...
- [Herald Interview] 'Korea strives to set global standards for data protection in generative AI era'
- [Today’s K
- KB approves of Yang Jong
- Han Kang says her historical novels were a literary resistance against violence
- 'Do not open plane doors' warning mandated for planes in flight
- Yoon, Japan's Kishida agree to cooperate in hydrogen sector
'Do not open plane doors' warning mandated for planes in flight
Seoul shares open lower on US economic data
Chinese beer imports plunge amid Tsingtao scandal
Snow crabs join bargain for crustaceans
KT SAT to adopt Starlink for enhanced maritime internet
‘Concrete Utopia,’ ‘Moving’ sweep 59th Daejong Film Awards
- BTS gets 6th top honor at 2023 MAMA Awards
- Korean Air orders 20 Airbus A321neo aircraft
- Volvo EX30 debuts in Korea
- Hyundai Elevator, Erbud team up to rebuild Ukraine
- Seoul shares start lower ahead of key rate decision
- Korean Air orders 20 Airbus A321neo aircraft
- Music industry seeks solution to ticket scalping through public discussion
- Hanwha Ocean developing submarine stealth technology
- German envoy calls for enhanced security cooperation with S. Korea
- [Herald Review] ‘Single in Seoul’ a bland rom
- Seoul offers 10,000 sets of portable SOS emergency bell ‘Zikimi’
- LG Uplus Q3 net income down on higher costs
- 블링컨 美국무장관 한국 도착…9일 한미 외교장관 회담
- [From the scene] Jazz music livens up Seoul's streets
- [Herald Interview] Korea
- Farm online, harvest offline: Virtual farming games attract inflation
- 인요한 "이준석에 통크게 제안…돌아와 총선 중책 맡아달라"
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Yale sociologist and BTS fan researches K
- [Our Museums] Explore plaintive and joyful melodies of Korea at Arirang Museum
- Kard signs with Cardi B, Post Malone's agency
- AmCham hosts AI forum for SMEs
- Samsung CEO highlights AI safety research
- Enhypen to make MBC show debut, ending yearslong performance dispute
- 선관위, 이준석 유튜브 멤버십 중지 요청…"정치자금법 위반 소지"
- Seoul shares slide 2.3% after record gains over short selling ban
- Marking 105th anniversary of independence, Poland highlights growing ties with Gyeonggi Province
- Cold wave hit S. Korea amid forecast of even chillier morning
- LX International to acquire 60% stake in Indonesian nickel mine
- From Itaewon to Hollywood, Park Seo
- Celltrion posts record earnings in Q3, buoyed by upbeat biosimilar sales